Desktop Grid resources can now be officially accessed as part of the German D-Grid infrastructure through UNICORE interfaces. The European Desktop Grid Initiative EDGI will therefore organize a two days’ workshop from March 1st to March 2nd at the Johannes Gutenberg-University in Mainz to give an introduction on how to build up Desktop Grids and how to port applications to be used in Desktop Grids.
Outline of the programme:
Day 1 - 1st March:
- An introduction to Desktop Grids, EDGI and IDGF - presentation
- A general introduction to BOINC - presentation
- Installation of a BOINC server/client - hands-on
- Application porting to BOINC (methodology, DCI API, GenWrapper) - presentation
- Porting applications with GenWrapper - hands-on
Day 2 - 2nd March:
- Porting applications with GenWrapper cont. - questions, answers - hands-on
- User interfaces (portals and command-line options)
- The EDGI infrastructure, bridging from g-Lite/UNICORE to BOINC - presentation
- Team work, consultancy - discussing and analyzing migration options of candidate applications - hands-on
Attendance at the workshop is free, but the number of attendees is limited to 30 people.
You can register for this workshop at http://desktopgridfederation.org/registration13